Hello All and Happy Friday!!
Today I have something special from Prince Ea that I found and needed to share it with you. In case you're not familiar, he makes some of the best and most inspirational Youtube videos I've ever come across.
In this short 3 minute video of his, he talks about the importance of loving yourself first before you enter a relationship.
Having experienced the broad spectrum of relationships (From terrible and toxic relationships, all the way to the amazing and loving one I have with my husband), I agree with EVERYTHING that Prince Ea has to say in this video.
Here are some of the thoughts that went through my head and some quotes from the video that really hit home hard for me:
- How can you possibly expect to be able to give another person your best if you hate what you see when looking at yourself in the mirror?
- "Your partner, never made you feel anything. Ever. It was your interpretation of your partner that made you feel how you felt.... It's all in how you see it. It's all you."
- Whoaaaa, it's totally true.. It's all just been my reaction. Anytime I am in a good headspace about me, my relationships are always better.
- "The most important factor is you. Your mental health. Your wellbeing. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else."
- Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!
- "When two people are working on being the best versions of themselves, cultivating their own happiness and compassion, that's when they're most compatible"
Give the video a watch and take the warm and fuzzies it gives you throughout your day and weekend.
Love Yourself Before You Get Into a Relationship, Please - Prince Ea
I would love to hear your thoughts on the video. Share them in the comments below or send me an email!